Sunday 2 June 2013

Natural Collection colour foundation in Porcelain Review and Swatch


Natural Collection colour foundation in Porcelain



Swatch of Natural Collection Porcelain on the Left.  The two on the right are from Bourjois.


Swatch of Natural Collection Porcelain on the Left.  The two on the right are from Bourjois.


Swatch of Natural Collection Porcelain on the Left.  The two on the right are from Bourjois.


Price I Paid
I bought this foundation because it was only £1.99 and  I love the natural collection concealer from this range.  My usual Bourjois foundations are swatched on the right hand side of these pictures.  They are far more expensive and contain less actual product.  Therefore, I thought this would have been very good value if it worked.

Design
This is a squeezy bottle, I really hated this as much too much came out at a time and the foundation ended up everywhere! 

Colour
I bought this from a Boots in a shopping center and the lighting was quite bad in the store so I assumed this would be my colour as the tester seemed to match up pretty well to my hand. For me, the colour was absolutely dreadful.  My skin is slightly yellow toned and this was very pink for me and way too dark despite it being the lightest colour in the whole range.  The colour does not even slightly match up to the "fair" concealer from this range as I thought it might have.  As you can see from the swatches above it is a totally different colour from my normal Bourjois foundations.  Although it looks as though it blends in with my skin, don't make the mistake I did and assume your hand is the same colour as your face because mine is definitely not! Colourwise I actually do not think this colour would suit anyone with fair white skin, possibly someone with a slight tan who naturally has very pink skin to begin with.

Texture
This is the worst foundation I have used in a long time! I applied it to my face using a brush and within ten minutes it had gone really patchy and in some places it had oxidised somehow and turned very brown! I really hated this product especially for my dry skin as it seemed to settle in the driest patches and make them a whole lot worse.  I was very disappointed with this product.  To look at it from an objective viewpoint it could possibly be good for very rosy, pink toned, oily skin.  

Smell
No smell

Overall Reaction 
I absolutely hated this product I am pretty sure I will never use it again. In fact if none of my friends want to take it off my hands, it is definitely going in the bin.
0/10




No comments:

Post a Comment