Wednesday 12 June 2013

Barry M Gelly Nail Polish In Dragon - Review and Nail Swatch



This is a photograph from day 5 of wearing this polish



The Brush

.

Price I Paid
£3.99 

Design
I quite like the design of this bottle, it does not feel too cheap and tacky.  However, the brush is a huge letdown.  I really did not like this brush it felt incredibly cheap and poorly made in comparison to the quality feel of the bottle itself. 

Colour
I think this is a really lovely pink as it is quite bright but not so bright that I can not match it up with outfits during the day.

Texture
The point of this nail polish is that it is similar in texture to the finished result of Gel nails that you would have done at a salon.  I think they have successfully achieved this as it was very shiny and require absolutely no topcoat.  It was a bit thicker than normal nail polishes though and this meant that it took a good half hour for it to be properly touch dry.  It does suggest that it only requires one coat although I still felt that it looked streaky and actually did two because I was watching The Good Wife on 4OD so I had a little time.  The Good Wife is a great as the plot is interesting and each episode revolves around solving a different court case while there is a different running theme throughout involving the characters at the law firm itself.
After it had eventually dried this polish stayed on surprisingly well.  It was still almost fully in tact five days later apart from a small chip on my thumb which is very impressive.

Smell
Open a window/do it outside as nail polish fumes can be powerful!



Overall Reaction 
The formula is great, just not a polish to use if you are in any rush for it to dry and I am not a huge fan of the brush.
8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment