Wednesday 5 June 2013

Fruit Flakes!




Price I Paid
45p for one pack of 25g

How to prepare
Open the packet...

Colour
Yogurt coating is a light cream colour and the fruit flakes inside are a dark red. 

Taste
These are yummy!  The yogurt coating tastes a bit like white chocolate and the fruity centre is very sweet and fruity too which makes them a great treat.  There is not very much in a pack because I think they may be more aimed at kids than adults so I normally end up eating two packs when I snack.  Or maybe I am just greedy?

Health benefits
Contains one of your 5 a day!  They are not incredibly healthy as they contain a lot of (natural) sugar but they are still better than eating a huge chocolate bar.  There are 112 calories in each pack.  According to nutrition data online, in 20g of strawberries/apples there are 9-13 calories and in 5g of yogurt there are about 2 calories.  It claims there are three times the packet's weight in fruit packed into the flakes.  Therefore this would mean there are 27 calories of fruit + a few calories for the yoghurt.  Clearly this product has been sweetened with sugar so it would probably be better to just eat some fruit with yogurt than this.  Having said that l think these are really tasty so I don't care.

Overall Reaction
These are marketed as healthy but that is not entirely true after looking at the ingredients.  Although they are really yummy and make a great snack.  I wish they did a big bag of these because I always feel it is a real waste of packaging when I eat two packs!
Overall I would rate these 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment