Friday 14 June 2013

Lancome Genifique Youth Activator Serum Review


Price I Paid
£0 this was a small 5ml free trial product.  The full size bottle is £56 for a 30ml bottle and £90 for a 75ml bottle so works out as a very expensive product but i would imagine it would last a long time perhaps 6 or so months with continual twice a day use.

Design
The full size bottle would look very smart on a dressing table.  It has a silver bullet style lid and the jar is a gradient from black to transparent glass.

Colour
This product is almost clear, slightly white.

Texture
It is a rather watery gel like texture although a very small amount goes a very long way so it only requires a drop or two to cover your whole face.

Smell
A chemical lemon smell that reminds me of the flavoured lemon drizzle cakes they used to serve up at school!

Ingredients

It contains a lot of alcohol, and no moisturiser so I found it really dried out my skin.  You would have to thoroughly moisturise your face before use and probably after as well.  I don't think that it would be very good for sensitive skin as it does contain some very harsh chemicals which in some people I would imagine could cause skin reactions.  I think it would be very well suited to oily skin because of the intense drying properties.

Overall Reaction

As a 21 year old I don't particularly have much use for this product although I did notice a tightening sensation on my face, particularly on my forehead and cheeks.  After a few days of use I don't think I noticed a dramatic change although my face felt a little softer but I felt like I had been walking around with my face pinned back for the past 3 days.  It was a weird feeling as if someone had tied a ponytail too tight and my whole face was being stretched out, Croydon facelift?? I think there are cheaper and better alternatives on the market but I think this really would last a long time and I did find the effect to feel quite dramatic especially as it lasted for quite a few hours.
It does seem to do what it claims despite the drying side effects so if i was to score this product for someone 40+ with slightly oily skin I would score this product 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment