Thursday 23 May 2013

Elvive Nutri Gloss Intensive Shine Masque

The pot contains 300ml of product, definitely not travel size!

The product itself

Price I Paid
This product was £5.19 and contains about 30 applications in my opinion.

Design
The pot is quite big although it was filled to the brim with the product and therefore very good value!  What i particularly like is the way that the lid clicks when it is properly shut so you know that it is secure and won't leak or dry out.

Colour
The masque is light pink which makes it quite an appealing girly product although it does not look very natural but that didn't worry me.

Texture
It is VERY thick so you probably need just a couple of blobs of this product.  My hair is quite fine though so  if you have long, thick hair you would probably need a bit more.  I left the masque on just the ends of my hair for a few minutes after shampooing my hair in replacement of my usual conditioner. It is very moisturising and my hair is fine, dry and coloured but it can get greasy easily if I use a very heavy product on it so I found this perfect as it washes out easily after use.  This product did give my hair a great boost but I have limited myself to using it only once a week because it does leave a very slight moisturising residue that is hard to fully rinse out and this would build up too much if used daily.  I find this residue continues to nourish my very dry hair after my shower but this product is probably unsuitable for very thick oily hair as the fact that it does not fully rinse out and that would add to the problem.

Smell
I can't quite work out what the smell is it is a little fruity, possibly raspberry?

Ingredients
Contains real natural oils rather than just silicones which is great for moisturising! It also claims to contain pearl protein which loreal claim "penetrates the hair to targeted care for the hair fibre."  I don't think this really has any meaning to it although pearl protein is used in certain hair loss treatments so there must be some science to it!

Overall Reaction 
I really like this masque, it is ideal for my hair type and makes my hair much softer than it usually is.
For me, I would rate this product 9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment