Sunday 26 May 2013

Boots Natural Collection cover up stick (concealer) - Review and Swatch


Natural Collection Cover Up Stick

Swatch and coverage

Price I Paid
£1.99 a very reasonable price!

Design
This is a twist up stick, annoyingly if you don't twist it all the way down after application and put the lid on it gets stuck to the lid and then when you open it the next time the whole product ends up stuck inside the lid instead of the twist up holder in the bottom!  I have had to use a cotton bud a few times to un-stick it but I think for the price the product is still definitely worth it despite this design fault.  After looking at the reviews online I think most people agree that the product is good but the twist up design is faulty so keep that in mind.

Colour
I chose the colour fair because my skin is very pale but it also comes in medium.  This is great because it is quite a neutral colour once blended so goes well under any foundation.  It is always better to use a concealer slightly lighter than your foundation because it brightens your general skin tone rather than having dark patches where you have any blemishes. What I would say is that this cover-up is much better for lighter skin, the medium shade seemed to be a bit orange and the fair shade is very pale.  

Texture
This is a very creamy concealer with fantastic coverage! As you can see in the second photo when I drew a dark line on my hand using a brown pen and covered it with this product it almost totally disappeared which is great!   I often use this on its own to replace foundation just on my nose and cheeks to counteract redness in hot countries/winter because it stays put and doesn't become oily and run down my face or dry out plus it blends pretty easily too.  It might not be suitable for extremely dry flaky skin as it is very slightly drying but I think there is a liquid version of it that may be worth trying.

Application
I find it best to apply this straight from the stick in a circular motion to cover all of the blemish and then blend it in very lightly with my fingers just at the edges.  I leave it for a minute or two just to settle and then I apply my foundation.  When I apply my foundation I use my fingers to lightly pat it over the areas where I have used concealer as I find foundation brushes are a bit harsh and remove a bit of the concealer underneath revealing the blemish again.

Smell
This product is unfragranced and has no smell at all.

Ingredients
There is no ingredients list that I can find although it claims to be dermatologically tested, fragrance free and is from the natural collection range created by Boots so i doubt this would cause anyone any reactions. 

Overall Reaction 
I really like this product except for the very poor design of the packaging.
I would rate it 9/10.




No comments:

Post a Comment