Wednesday 22 May 2013

Avon Spiced Wine Pro Luscious Pout Lipstick/Gloss Top Coat with Mirror Review and Swatches


Avon spiced wine bullet lipstick and lid with gloss and mirror


Application


Effect of lightly running a finger across the lipstick


Swatches of the lipstick and gloss on my arm 

Price I Paid
The pot with the lip gloss was limited edition and I bought it for £4 although this edition can still be found in clearance magazines.  The lipstick spiced wine can still be bought online just without the gloss.

Design
The lipstick is conveniently shaped and to create a defined lip line and I think the idea of a small mirror in the lid is great for checkups.  The gloss in the lid is also a great idea in theory as well!

Colour
I really like the colour of this red as it is exactly as the title described, more of a wine colour rather than a ketchup red.  The gloss is very glittery and the colour does not match up with the red at all, I really don't understand the point of it with this lipstick colour which is probably why they have discontinued the gloss part of this.

Texture
The lipstick is really creamy and does not dry out my lips although this is a really tricky colour to keep in place especially if I plan to eat or drink anything while out.  It smudges incredibly easily and as I have quite long hair I find I end up with streaks smeared all over my face after a few mins.  The gloss is very sticky and glittery and it is impossible to apply over the lipstick without smearing it all everywhere rendering it completely useless.  I have not worn this lipstick since the day I bought it because although I really like the colour I ended up looking ridiculous while I was out because it smudged and stained my skin and this staining wouldn't come out with water so I ended up giving up on it and carefully wiping it all off.

Smell
No particular smell at all.

Ingredients
Avon products are often quite harsh on the skin so if you have very sensitive I would be careful of this product as I found the formula stains skin.

Overall Reaction
I really like the colour but the formula of this lipstick is a real pain.
I would score this product 1/10


No comments:

Post a Comment