Saturday 18 May 2013

Benefit Dr Feelgood velvety complextion balm - review



The tin lid, product and sponge


Price I Paid
I paid £13 for this product as an offer on asos.com although it usually retails for £22 and I have never seen it reduced before this.

Design
The tin has quite a flirty design on the front I guess to implicate that it makes your skin irresistibly soft.  It is quite a large tin in order to encorporate the sponge, so is in actual fact only half full of the product.  The sponge is completely useless and I actually think is quite unhelpful because this is a product you apply over makeup so the sponge ends up covered in what you have already put on and smears it all round your face.
Colour
In the tin it looks white, and I found if I don't rub it in properly it creates a kind of white film over my makeup.

Texture
I am not very keen on the texture of this product to be honest.  Although it is supposed to make your skin look flawless, it actually makes my slightly dry skin a bit flakey.  It does however absorb oil so if I apply it to the parts of my face that get slightly oily it does a great job.  I think this is the perfect product for someone who does not use alot of makeup who has oily skin and wants to stop shine.  I would imagine it would also be great for preventing makeup running in hot countries so I will update you after my next holiday!

Smell
Smells of lemon, not too strong and after a few mins no scent at all.

Ingredients
Contains vitamins A, C and E.

Overall Reaction
Personally I don't really see much point in this product, it has probably been a bit of a waste of £13.  Although I may feel the "benefit" of it on hot holidays and raise this score in the future.
Overall i would rate this product 2/10.


**********update**********

I have just come home from a holiday in Mallorca where it was 30+ degrees centigrade.  Initially I thought that this product might be good for hot countries but now I know this is not the case.  I tried it out on a night out there and it was a disaster. I ended up wiping all my foundation off and having to try and re-apply it without the balm and after a few drinks, using a tiny mirror in the toilets of a club.   A completely useless product that is destined for the bin!


No comments:

Post a Comment