Wednesday 15 May 2013

Avon Ultra Colour Rich Brilliance Lipstick Berry Glitz - Swatch and Review


 The lipstick itself



Swatch on my hand of the colour



What the colour looks like on me


Price I Paid
£4.00 on offer half price.  RRP £8.  Avon always have offers on their products so I have never bought any full price it is better to wait a month and buy it when it is on offer as I found there are deals on each product every other week.

Design
A slightly strange title of "ultra colour rich brilliance lipstick," i don't think it required so many adjectives.  The container is very smart and feels reasonably high quality.  The pink colour makes it easy to find in a handbag which is good because I carry around some huge bags and things always get lost in them. I feel like Mary Poppins whenever I fully empty them because I find loads of things I had completely forgotten about.
One issue I had with this product is that there isn't very much of it on the stick and compared to other more expensive brands and it gets used up very quickly.  Although for the £4 price i paid still think it is good value.
Colour
It is often better to test avon products by finding a representative and trying out their samples. or look up swatches of them online before purchase because the colour swatches online and often in the catalogues almost never match up properly to the actual product!
This colour is a really pretty pink, I think the colour title "berry glitz" is a bit misleading because it is a slightly darker than bubblegum pink so i'm not sure what berries they would be talking about!  What i really like about it is that it has a little glitter in it, not a tacky amount but enough just to add a real shine to your lips.  The glitter is kind of mirrored but seems to reflect pinks and blues, which I really like in a lipstick because blue hues tend to make teeth look whiter which is an added bonus!
Texture
The texture is what I love most about this lipstick.  It glides on very easily and really moisturises unlike alot of other lipsticks so it is perfect for dry lips and i used it almost every day during winter.    Another positive is that it wears off evenly, although it does only last two or three hours for me and wouldnt survive a whole meal.

Smell
Doesn't smell of anything really perhaps very slightly flowery.

Ingredients
Contains vitamin E and jojoba oil which gives it it's moisturising properties.

Overall Reaction
I really like this lipstick as daywear, only downside is that it gets used up quite quickly and there isn't alot to begin with so i would not want to spend the £8 on it. 
Paying £4 for this product i would score it 9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment