Saturday 25 May 2013

An entire makeup bag using good quality products all for under £40!


Task: To create an entire make-up bag for under £40 using products found in Boots!

I will do a proper review on each product but these are staple products I think you would make up the basics of any great makeup bag.  Although it would be possible to find some of these products for much less, through years of experimenting I have found that if you buy the cheapest products ususally you are getting the cheapest quality as well and it is not worth it.  I have also added a couple of options to do a makeup bag for just under £47 if you like to use waterproof eye products.

Foundation
Bourjois 10 hour sleep effect foundation £9.99
A great light foundation I use shade 71 on a daily basis it is long lasting and great for most skin types apart from oily skin.  I have found this to be the best of the cheaper foundations.
OR
Bourjois Flower perfect £10.99
I use colour 71 and this is great for oily skin, I use this in hot countries as it leaves a nice matt effect that doesn’t look shiny throughout the day.  There is also a handy sponge on the lid for easy application.
I really like Bourjois foundations as in the past i have found other cheaper makes such as Rimmel and Maybelline foundations to be too orange toned for my pale skin.

Concealer
Boots Natural Collection cover up stick £1.99
This is a very cheap concealer but easily my favorite since I discovered it when I was about 15! It has very high coverage so easily conceals any blemish.  I always use this stick instead of foundation in very hot countries as it has great staying power and doesn’t melt off like most foundations.  Plus it is easy to fit in a small handbag for touch-ups where ever you are!

Blusher
Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher £7.99
This blusher comes with a little brush which is great for applying I have used a few of the colours in the past and all look quite natural and blend easily.  They last absolutely ages and leave a really nice warm glow so it is well worth the price.

Brows
Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil £2.99
I have this pencil in one of the lighter brown colours, it is great for filling in brows and has a little brush on the top which is useful!

Eyeshadow
Natural Collection Eyeshadow in Soft Pink £1.79
This is a really nice light pink colour that is very subtle and just brightens the eyes a bit to make you look refreshed during the day.   The dark colours from this collection are not as good as the light ones.

Eyeliner
Barry M Bold Waterproof Eyeliner £3.99
I no longer use this eyeliner because I have fallen in love with the Chanel/MAC waterproof ones so I don’t currently have one to do a review on.  I buy more expensive noes because I frequently wear contact lenses and my eyes water a lot and I find all of the cheap eyeliners run.  But I used to use this proudct a lot and it does do a good job and last all day if your eyes aren’t constantly watering so I do think this is one of the best!
OR
Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner £5.29
If you have a steady enough hand I would certainly recommend this product because it lasts for ages and glides on really easily.  They have recently brought out a waterproof version of this so I might try that one at some point.

Mascara
Maybelline Great Last Blackest Black Mascara £4.99
This mascara is a great day mascara because it has a convenient small tapered brush and doesn’t get too clumpy.  As with eyeliners I have problems with my eyes watering so although I love the formula of this mascara I no longer use it.
OR
Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara £10.99
This is my favourite mascara as their waterproof version does not budge.  It is quite difficult to get off though and I find I have to use a very oily makeup remover but it does such a good job I really don’t care.

Lipstick
Barry M Lip Gloss wand £4.49
This is a great everyday product in a sheer colour that would suit anyone and is a little bit moisturising without being sticky.

No comments:

Post a Comment