Thursday 4 July 2013

Lash Fibres - Review and Swatch



The Packaging (click on images to enlarge)

The wand with fibres

Step 1 - Apply Mascara

Step 2 - Apply Fibres

Fibres after step 2

Step 3 - Apply more mascara

On the Left is with mascara and the fibres. On the right is how my lashes look with just two coats of mascara.

On the Left is with mascara and the fibres. On the right is how my lashes look with just two coats of mascara.


Price I Paid
I paid £9.99 for this product in Superdrug click here for a link.

Design
It would be better if the bristles on the brush were a spaced out more so the product would apply easier but apart from that it is great.

Colour
Little white fibres on a mascara brush.

Texture
This product is simply the little white fibres, you can buy the sets with the official mascara etc as well but I just use any mascara for this as the whole kit retails at about £35!

Smell
No Smell

How to Apply
1 - Apply a thin layer of mascara, try and separate your lashes out as much as possible.  I used the Lancôme hypnose mascara for this but I have tried it with a few mascaras and it doesn't make too much difference as long as the mascara isn't clumpy already.
2 - Immediately after applying the mascara, while it is still drying you need to add the fibres. Be a little careful not to let any big clumps of the fibres fall into your eye on application, re-dip the wand if it looks like there is too much on it.  Use the fibrelash wand to sweep upwards on your lashes.  Only do this in one direction in a few quick sweeps otherwise you just end up with really furry eyelashes and it not only messes up the look, it also clumps up your mascara.  It should look like the photo once applied, fuzzy but not furry!  
3 - Apply another layer of mascara.  It really is best to use a newer mascara, I think it is better to buy a new cheaper mascara every 6 months than keep an expensive mascara for a year.  Again it is important to sweep the mascara on only in one direction to straighten out the fibers.  Normally I wiggle the wand a bit when I apply mascara but don't do that for this.  Also don't sweep the wand over your lashes too quickly or it will just brush off the fibres instead of bonding them to your lashes.
The bottom two images are just to show how effective this product actually is at extending your lashes.  The eye on the on the left in the image is the one I used the product on.  The other eye I just did straight with two coats of mascara.  I think this product makes a huge difference as far as mascara goes and is well worth the £9.99.

Overall Reaction
This product has already lasted me almost a year and there is still quite a lot left in the little bottle.  If you look after this product and keep the wand mascara free by picking off any residue after use, you can get an awful lot of uses out of it.  I have sensitive eyes and wear contact lenses and I have never had any trouble using it, it is pretty harmless as it is just white fluff essentially.  I use this religiously and have every intention of re-purchasing it when it runs out!
10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment