Wednesday 10 July 2013

Frontcover GoGoGo eyeshadow palette



Front of the box, apologies for the rubbish photos on this review! Click the images to enlarge

Back of the box


Inside cover of the box with instructions!

The whole box.  Three of the eyeshadows are in the Go palette!

The eyeshadow range

Swatches of a few of the colours from the palette.


After lightly rubbing my hand against them


The transforming liner potion

The liner wand

A line of shadow using the transforming potion

Price I Paid
From what I remember this product was about £35 but was on 3 for 2 at boots during Christmas so I bought a few presents for people while I was at it.  You can buy the frontcover products by clicking here.

Design
The design of this product is actually very clever!  It comes with a brush and a potion that transforms the shadows into liners. You can detach the little palettes and place them in the 4 tray palette to take with you where ever you go.  The GO palette also has a fantastic mirror and a slot for the brush that it comes with.

Colour
The colours are actually very useful and fantastic shades.  Would have been nice to have had a matte brown but apart from that the colour choices were amazing.

Texture
The colours are great, the layout is very well thought out and theoretically it should be fantastic. Sadly the major fault with this product is the actual shadows.  They were not very pigmented and could easily be rubbed off.  I found that even with primer they only stayed for half an hour or so on my eyes which is pretty poor.  When I wore the darkest navy shadow on a night out I ended up looking a mess and having to retouch it every 20 mins or so just to stop it creasing.  You can see in the photo above what happened after just lightly rubbing my hand over the shadows.  I used the lighter shadows in this palette quite a bit as they seemed to be better and would be less noticeable when it creased.  
What this palette is good for is using the shadows wet or with a transforming potion like the liner it came with.  If I mixed the shadows with water or transformer I would end up with a fantastic colour payoff and reasonable staying power.  When I am going out I rarely have the time to apply much more than a primer and mixing the shadows with water or sealing gel just is an awful lot of effort and creates a huge mess that I just didn't have time to deal with.  The transforming liner potion was great, but why faff around with that, for £35 I could have bought a few decent coloured eyeliners instead.

Overall Reaction
My real issue with this is that I just own far superior products.  I only used this whole box a few times in the end and for the price there are much better products out there.
Overall I would rate this product 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment