Saturday 31 August 2013

Macaroni Cheese Balls


Price I paid
I tried these in a kind of diner style restaurant in New York for $2.50.

Colour
What was most striking about this dish was the colour of the cheese it came with.  This is American squeezy cheese and is the kind of thing that fills all cheese lovers with nightmares.  I happen to be a real cheese lover and I immediately shunned the dipping cheese and meticulously scraped it off the macaroni balls praying that the cheese inside would be an alternative.

Taste
Nope, the cheese inside was also squeezy cheese.  I wanted to try these because I always think of Mac'n'Cheese as being an American treat.  It was not, it was a stodgy and I have thoroughly looked it up and the nearest this kind of cheese has been to well.. a cheese is by containing "milk and cheese culture" which is used in the production of cheese but is not really cheese itself.  I am not being a drama queen, any other English person presented with this would also be horrified!  
As an experiment, I did eat two and I can confirm they were balls of macaroni pasta surrounded in a thick blob of squeezy cheese.  

Ingredients
Hate to think about it.

Overall reaction
Spit them out..
0/10

No comments:

Post a Comment