Friday 30 August 2013

Korean Tasting Wines



Price I paid
My family ordered this little trio of Korean tasting wines whist in a restaurant in New York and they were a real experience.  I think it was about $15 for all three.

Colour
The nonju rine was a white colour, the black rasperry was similar to the colour of most red wines and the herb wine was like white wine with a greenish tinge to it.

Taste
The nonju wine is a milky rice wine and to me pretty much tasted like any dry white wine with added milk.  Having milk in wine seemed quite strange and unexpected but it wasn't actually unpleasant.
The black rasperry wine was very sweet and reminded me of dessert wine with Ribena? Again, I didn't dislike this but I wouldn't want to order a whole glass on my own.
Finally there was the herb wine, I really quite disliked this because it tasted like very dry white wine with a parsley smell and taste.  

Overall Reaction
Although I really enjoyed tasting all of these wines, I would never order a whole glass to myself.  I think that the "tasting wines" concept of three small glasses to share is fantastic though especially as they were three flavours I have never seen or tried before. 
8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment