Thursday 29 August 2013

Faux Beef Japanese Bake


Price I paid
I tried this "faux beef" dish at a Japanese takeaway restaurant in the food court of the Rockafeller Center in New York and it was just a few dollars.

Colour
On it's own it actually looks very unappealing so I think they have the right idea adding a little carrot and broccoli just to make it look somewhat prettier.

Taste
Although it looks pretty grim it actually tasted really nice! It was chunks of soya with a really nice kind of black bean sauce on that was not too spicy for me which was a plus.  I don't think it really needed the rice with it as there was not enough sauce to warrant it.

Overall Reaction
If I went back to New York I wouldn't make a journey specifically to re-order this dish but if I was nearby the Rockafeller Center I probably would go in and grab another one of these for a lunch.
8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment